Who is the fluffy cows artist?
Last month’s feature (“Fluffy cows, the rest of the story,” Drovers/CattleNetwork, August 2013, page 24) described how Matt Lautner’s prize bull Texas Tornado became an Internet sensation earlier this year. FULL STORY »
What is the ideal cow size?
A hot-button topic for many producers is how big is too big and how small is too small? The 1,200-pound cow seems to be the universal measuring stick, yet it may be impractical or impossible for your specific operation. FULL STORY »
Measuring food security
American farmers and ranchers have been challenged in recent years to meet the food needs of a rapidly growing population. There will be 9 billion humans on Earth by 2050, and many estimates say we’ll need to double food production by then. FULL STORY »
Improving U.S. beef production
U.S. beef production sets a high standard for production efficiency. Worldwide, it is recognized that our production systems for growing beef are highly developed. But could the cattle industry further increase productivity? FULL STORY »
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing