We’re living in what many are calling the “information age.” Yet, confusion reigns over many important issues, and our easy access to information — and misinformation — helps fuel that confusion. FULL STORY »
Savvy PR or chilling effect on innovation?
Whole Foods Market, a 335-store organic- and natural-food chain, made headlines last month announcing that by 2018 it will require all products in its stores to be labeled, indicating whether they contain genetically modified organisms (GMO). FULL STORY »
Environmentalists talk beef
An ongoing debate in the environmental community revolves around the stance toward beef: Is it better to work on making beef production more environmentally friendly or devote their energies to convincing people that they shouldn’t be eating beef? FULL STORY »
Unintended consequences of RFS
American farmers will plant 96.5 million acres of corn this year, according to estimates by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Private industry forecasts suggest acreage could be even higher, depending on planting conditions this spring. FULL STORY »
Did global warming close Cargill’s Plainview plant?
When Cargill Meat Solutions announced the closure of its Plainview, Texas, harvest facility last month, the company cited the effects of the ongoing two-year drought as one of the reasons. FULL STORY »
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain