Consumer Trends: Eat the intruders
In the 1970s, Southern catfish farmers needed some algae control. So they imported Asian carp, native to China and Southeast Asia, and released them into their ponds, where they gobbled up the unwanted algae. FULL STORY »
How do you... Use body-condition scores?
As calving season wraps up and you look ahead to breeding, can you predict the fertility of your cows? Naturally, several variables influence a cow’s fertility and ability to breed back, but her nutritional status is a critical factor. FULL STORY »
I'm a Drover: Market news, cowboy style
Corbitt Wall grew up around livestock auctions and cattle trading. Now, as author of USDA’s National Feeder & Stocker Cattle Summary, he tells America what a calf is worth. FULL STORY »
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works