It’s no secret that getting started in farming and ranching is only becoming more difficult as land prices soar; that’s a barrier to entry that proves insurmountable for many would-be food producers. FULL STORY »
In September, McDonald’s Corporation’s vice president of sustainability, Bob Langert, talked to Bloomberg News about his company’s efforts to pursue sustainability, a subject that he said “is everybody’s business now.” FULL STORY »
Change for the Worse
If you’ve eaten one in the past few years, you probably noticed: Tomatoes today look good, but they taste bad. Or, more accurately, they don’t really taste like anything. FULL STORY »
Consumer Trends: Iowa’s law
Iowa has approved an “ag-gag” law, making it a crime to lie on a job application at an agricultural operation and gain entrance with the intent to commit an act not authorized by the owner. FULL STORY »
The food hub movement
In an article called “Five Food Predictions for 2012,” author Andrew Stout writes: “Networked food hubs are our future.” Which might cause you to ask: What’s a food hub? FULL STORY »
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Magnum Top Load Spreaders
Nuhn Industries Ltd.