click image to zoom Utility vehicles are finding increased use for a variety of chores on farms and ranches across America. Joel Hofer uses his utility vehicle to transport a tank to feed calves in indoor hutches on the family’s 500-cow dairy. Loading and unloading the tank, however, was difficult until he developed a floor-mounted stand to help with the task. Hofer built the stand using 3-inch X 6-inch square tubing. The front of the stand was built with tapered edges to easily slide under the tank. To load or unload the tank, Hofer can simply back his utility vehicle up to the stand.
Profit Tips: Equipment - Quick mount for utility vehicles
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming