Keeping accurate health records for a cow herd is essential, but not all facilities provide adequate space for the necessary paperwork. Darrin Hofer designed and built a foldaway table near his working chute that keeps animal-health records handy and stored in a safe place. He built two frames, 2 feet X 4 feet, and bolted one frame to the wall. He attached ¾-inch plywood to the second frame and secured that frame to the first with hinges. The hinged frame can be opened or closed without removing anything from the table. Two small chains on each end hold the table when opened.
Profit Tips: Equipment – Fold-out recordkeeper
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Commentary: Talkin’ turkey
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note