Better health, heavier sale weights and higher bids at auction are just some of the benefits of a sound preconditioning program, and calf values this year make health assurances more valuable than usual. Outlining the latest on the health and pocketbook benefits of preconditioning, Drovers/CattleNetwork and Bovine Veterinarian are offering a free webinar on demand. The webinar features Kansas State University beef-cattle veterinarian Brad White and MFA Health Track director and past president of NCBA Mike John. White outlines weaning management and preconditioning health protocols for optimum immunity, and John focuses on the economic benefits, detailing how heavier sale weights, less shrink and price premiums add up to significantly higher margins for ranchers. MFA Health Track helps producers verify and capture value for their preconditioning programs, and this year registered its 500,000th calf in the program. To view the webinar, go to tinyurl.com/k7ak9nf.
Profit Tips: Marketing - Preconditioning webinar on demand
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week