Better health, heavier sale weights and higher bids at auction are just some of the benefits of a sound preconditioning program, and calf values this year make health assurances more valuable than usual. Outlining the latest on the health and pocketbook benefits of preconditioning, Drovers/CattleNetwork and Bovine Veterinarian are offering a free webinar on demand. The webinar features Kansas State University beef-cattle veterinarian Brad White and MFA Health Track director and past president of NCBA Mike John. White outlines weaning management and preconditioning health protocols for optimum immunity, and John focuses on the economic benefits, detailing how heavier sale weights, less shrink and price premiums add up to significantly higher margins for ranchers. MFA Health Track helps producers verify and capture value for their preconditioning programs, and this year registered its 500,000th calf in the program. To view the webinar, go to tinyurl.com/k7ak9nf.
Profit Tips: Marketing - Preconditioning webinar on demand
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: No limitations
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame:Solidifying her legacy
- Forage Focus: New forage seedings, the window of opportunity
- Ag markets had a bad day Tuesday
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- The fork in the road
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?