Grazing management can be one of the most profitable endeavors for cattlemen. Rancher Mike Jones says grazing strategies must be a consideration year-round. For instance, Jones always unrolls round hay bales to force cows to spread their manure and nutrients over a larger area. Here are before and after photos of a pasture where hay was unrolled for Jones’ cows, with an electric polywire stretched down the middle of the hay. The second photo shows the same pasture months later covered with lush grass produced by the recycled nutrients.
Profit Tips: Pasture management - Nutrient recycling
No matching related articles at this time.
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year
- Senate Agriculture Committee completes Farm Bill markup