Henry Wilson with Dakota Ranch in Sandersville, Ga., submitted this simple, inexpensive and yet practical tip. Calves feeding at a trough, he says, often waste feed by dragging it out as they lift their heads and spilling it on the ground. A 1-inch-square strip of wood trim mounted to the inside front of the feeder prevents much of this feed spillage. Wilson estimated the cost for adding the strip of wood at about 8 cents per foot.
Simple feed saver
- Ag markets posted mixed closes Tuesday afternoon
- World Farmers’ Organisation attends UN Climate Summit
- White House to take on antibiotic resistance
- Researchers: Cattle welfare more important than cost to consumers
- NCBA representative addresses Beef Checkoff changes
- Monday Market Sentiment: 5-area cash trade slips