click image to zoom Cattle gates and posts in heavily used areas take a lot of stress and abuse. Ben Hofer relieved that stress with a 1-foot-diameter steel wheel that he found in his salvage yard and mounted on the gate. He also added a grease zerk to lubricate the wheel. The gate functions easily with little stress to the post or workers.
Profit Tips: Equipment - Gate support
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Marbling and functional cows
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head