Better health, heavier sale weights and higher bids at auction are just some of the benefits of a sound preconditioning program, and calf values this year make health assurances more valuable than usual. Outlining the latest on the health and pocketbook benefits of preconditioning, Drovers/CattleNetwork and Bovine Veterinarian are offering a free webinar on demand. The webinar features Kansas State University beef-cattle veterinarian Brad White and MFA Health Track director and past president of NCBA Mike John. White outlines weaning management and preconditioning health protocols for optimum immunity, and John focuses on the economic benefits, detailing how heavier sale weights, less shrink and price premiums add up to significantly higher margins for ranchers. MFA Health Track helps producers verify and capture value for their preconditioning programs, and this year registered its 500,000th calf in the program. To view the webinar, go to tinyurl.com/k7ak9nf.
Profit Tips: Marketing - Preconditioning webinar on demand
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- Is there a right to farm?
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- U.S. Cattlemen's Association continues to support COOL
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector