Henry Wilson with Dakota Ranch in Sandersville, Ga., submitted this simple, inexpensive and yet practical tip. Calves feeding at a trough, he says, often waste feed by dragging it out as they lift their heads and spilling it on the ground. A 1-inch-square strip of wood trim mounted to the inside front of the feeder prevents much of this feed spillage. Wilson estimated the cost for adding the strip of wood at about 8 cents per foot.
Simple feed saver
- Natural gas, Henry Hub prices fall
- White House Rural Council to invest $10 billion for job-creation
- Bears made presence felt in the ag markets Thursday afternoon
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Commentary: Bashing beef