No one becomes a great manager overnight. It takes work. David Kohl, professor of agricultural and applied economics at Virginia Tech, lists the following best-management practices that all managers need to master in order to succeed.
- People management.
- Marketing/risk management.
- Cutting edge production management.
*Professional advisor teams.
- Good financial and management systems.
- Short and long-term decision planning.
- Strategic alliances and customer service.
- Time management.
- Support/involvement of your spouse.
- Time to exercise your body, mind and spirit.