How now brown (or black) cow?
Increasingly abundant corn, growing global demand for beef and excess feedlot capacity ensure that cow-calf producers will see the highest calf prices in history over the next two to five years. FULL STORY »
U.S. beef trade: A decade of perspective
This holiday season will be the 10-year anniversary of “The Cow that Stole Christmas.” The past decade has taught us a hard lesson about the importance of and opportunity from beef exports for the bottom line of everyone in this industry. FULL STORY »
Consumer Trends: Investing slowly
Today, money moves fast — too fast. Trillions of dollars fly around the globe each day, in ways understood by very few. Investing and finance have become completely abstract, disconnected and opaque to most of us, and we need to change that. FULL STORY »
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Marbling and functional cows
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head