Innovating to cut feed costs
It is said necessity is the mother of all invention. For many cattle producers, drought and high feed prices are driving new feeding strategies, causing cow owners to look at different methods and, in some cases, revisit old ways of providing sustaining nutrients in a less expensive package. FULL STORY »
Who is the fluffy cows artist?
Last month’s feature (“Fluffy cows, the rest of the story,” Drovers/CattleNetwork, August 2013, page 24) described how Matt Lautner’s prize bull Texas Tornado became an Internet sensation earlier this year. FULL STORY »
Fluffly cows cast light on beef
When photos of Matt Lautner’s prize show bull Texas Tornado appeared on a popular online forum Reddit, he had no idea it would create an Internet sensation. FULL STORY »
Communicate, Yes, but what?
Beef producers and industry stakeholders face a communications dilemma. We know consumers have concerns over modern production of meat and other foods. We know they lack familiarity with farming and ranching and are susceptible to negative misinformation. FULL STORY »
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector