Who is the fluffy cows artist?
Last month’s feature (“Fluffy cows, the rest of the story,” Drovers/CattleNetwork, August 2013, page 24) described how Matt Lautner’s prize bull Texas Tornado became an Internet sensation earlier this year. FULL STORY »
Fluffly cows cast light on beef
When photos of Matt Lautner’s prize show bull Texas Tornado appeared on a popular online forum Reddit, he had no idea it would create an Internet sensation. FULL STORY »
Communicate, Yes, but what?
Beef producers and industry stakeholders face a communications dilemma. We know consumers have concerns over modern production of meat and other foods. We know they lack familiarity with farming and ranching and are susceptible to negative misinformation. FULL STORY »
Food Safety Pioneer
If you have eaten a steak or a hamburger this week, it likely was produced under quality- and safety-control systems either initiated or implemented by Dell Allen, a former Kansas State University professor who retired in 2009 as vice president of quality assurance and safety for Cargill Meat Solutions. At Cargill, he was recognized as a food-safety pioneer, overseeing the development and implementation of numerous food-safety technologies that benefited not just Cargill but ultimately the entire meat industry. FULL STORY »
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan