click image to zoom Stocker and feeder cattle prices were steady to $1 lower during December, but the 2012 annual averages were significantly higher, according to Drovers/CattleNetwork’s 50-market auction summary. Steer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds averaged $164.90 during December but posted an annual average price of $173.10 per hundredweight, 14 percent higher than 2011. Yearling steers averaged $140.37 in December but averaged $155.82 for 2012, 16 percent higher than 2011. Heifer calves sold for an average of $145.13 in December, while posting an annual average of $152.84 during 2012, up 13 percent from 2011.
Annual averages signifi cantly higher
- Ohio Cattlemen's Roundup tours Clark County - September 5-6
- Ag markets proved quite mixed Tuesday night
- USDA reports confirm tight cattle supplies
- Fall armyworms on the march early due to unseasonable rains
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire