click image to zoom Despite gains the final two weeks of October, stocker/feeder prices ended the month nearly equal to September. According to Drovers/CattleNetwork’s 50-market auction summary, steer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds saw average bids in October of $164.91 per hundredweight, down just 36 cents from September. Yearling steers weighing 600 to 700 pounds averaged $140.36 per hundredweight during October, the same average as recorded in September. Heifer calves sold for an average of $145.17 per hundredweight, a loss of 22 cents from the previous month. Yearling heifers weighing more than 600 pounds saw average bids last month of $125.53, an increase of 15 cents per hundredweight.
Stocker/feeder prices steady
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
320 Skid Steer