click image to zoom Despite gains the final two weeks of October, stocker/feeder prices ended the month nearly equal to September. According to Drovers/CattleNetwork’s 50-market auction summary, steer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds saw average bids in October of $164.91 per hundredweight, down just 36 cents from September. Yearling steers weighing 600 to 700 pounds averaged $140.36 per hundredweight during October, the same average as recorded in September. Heifer calves sold for an average of $145.17 per hundredweight, a loss of 22 cents from the previous month. Yearling heifers weighing more than 600 pounds saw average bids last month of $125.53, an increase of 15 cents per hundredweight.
Stocker/feeder prices steady
- Commentary: Producers, meet your ‘General Grievous’
- Fall forage conditions and cattle production
- Cattle Outlook: USDA report shows less meat in freezers
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance