click image to zoom Despite gains the final two weeks of October, stocker/feeder prices ended the month nearly equal to September. According to Drovers/CattleNetwork’s 50-market auction summary, steer calves weighing 400 to 500 pounds saw average bids in October of $164.91 per hundredweight, down just 36 cents from September. Yearling steers weighing 600 to 700 pounds averaged $140.36 per hundredweight during October, the same average as recorded in September. Heifer calves sold for an average of $145.17 per hundredweight, a loss of 22 cents from the previous month. Yearling heifers weighing more than 600 pounds saw average bids last month of $125.53, an increase of 15 cents per hundredweight.
Stocker/feeder prices steady
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future