Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Top Fill Slurry Tanks