Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future