Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing