Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- BIVI again sponsors free BQA certification
- Colorado State Fair livestock entries effected by virus outbreak
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early Friday trading
- Update on vesicular stomatitis
- USDA food safety quarterly report involves three criminal cases
- Beef Talk: Water conditions are inconsistent, troublesome