At the Leachman Cattle of Colorado bull sale, Wyoming rancher Mike Healy discusses the traits he looks for in bulls, combining reproductive performance on the ranch and feedyard profits. Healy has retained ownership of calves through finishing at Decatur County Feed Yard in Kansas for years, and applies individual performance and carcass data back to his breeding program.
Learning from retained ownership
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Herd rebuilding will be a slow process
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?