A group of agriculture students at Texas A&M University have organized “Farmers Fight,” an initiative to advocate for agriculture, stimulate dialog and inform their fellow students about agriculture’s role in today’s society. During the recent International Livestock Congress, three of the group’s leaders, Mason Parish, Jasmine Dillon and Victoria Pilger described their activities and future plans. Be sure to see Jasmine Dillon’s spoken-word video, “Farmers Fight – Stand Up!”
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Marbling and functional cows
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head