Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Grazing beef cattle on corn residue