Colorado State University animal scientist Jason Ahola, PhD, shows an international tour group the University’s Grow Safe system of feed bunks used to measure feed efficiency in individual cattle. The system uses electronic ID tags and readers, along with load cells under each bunk, to record each animal’s feeding behavior and intake.
Feed-efficiency research at CSU
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Food Babe visits my university
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future