Five-year-old child's death grim reminder of ag hazards
A family and community are left mourning after a five-year-old girl was killed on Wednesday in a tragic accident on a Dickinson County, Kan., farm. FULL STORY »
Drought shrinks to 37 million acres of corn
The changes in this week’s Drought Monitor report showed some improvement in drought conditions across the Corn Belt, and more help could be on the horizon...for some. FULL STORY »
Is farmland caught in a price bubble that's about to burst?
Some economists and investors are beginning to worry, while others believe it's too early to justify these bubble fears. FULL STORY »
300 farmers, conservatives lead immigration charge
Farmers are among 300 conservatives planning to descend on Capitol Hill to press Congress to revamp the nation’s immigration system. FULL STORY »
Note to Congress: Mother Nature not on furlough
Mother Nature didn’t shut down with the government’s furlough, and one blogger takes Congress to task for letting their “tantrum” interfere with the job they were elected to do. FULL STORY »
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Marbling and functional cows
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head