During the recent Animal Disease Traceability Forum in Denver, Glenn Fischer with Allflex USA outlined some key points of discussion. The ADT system allows individual states to set some of their standards for cattle shipped in, and Fischer says participants seemed to favor a regional approach toward harmonizing state ADT policies, with states negotiating agreements with other nearby states with similar production and marketing systems.
A flexible, regional animal traceability system
- IRS helps drought-stricken farmers
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Creep feeding can add pounds to livestock
- Forage Focus: Cereal rye as a feedstuff option
- Stewardship of new technologies embraced by U.S. meat industry
- BRD Management Solutions can keep cattle healthy and costs down