This week on Merck Animal Health’s BRD Report: From the Fence Post blog, guest blogger Dee Griffin, DVM, MS, from the Great Plains Veterinary Education Center discusses BQA. In a post titled “Beef Quality Assurance – Healthy Herds, Happy Consumers,” Griffin points out that 19 of 20 beef products originating in the United States are raised within BQA guidelines. Management of bovine respiratory disease (BRD), he adds, is a component of BQA. Read the full blog post here.
Dee Griffin contributes to BRD blog
- 300 Days of Grazing field day set for Nov. 18 at SWREC
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- Emergency preparedness workshops planned for livestock operations
- Ohio State offers commercial pesticide applicator recertification
- Red Angus selection indices estimate profitability
- Ag conservation publication available from Purdue Extension