Last year, the American Meat Institute (AMI) initiated its “Glass Walls Project,” developing videos with Dr. Temple Grandin to offer the public an objective, non-scripted look at livestock slaughter. At the recent Animal Agriculture Alliance Stakeholder Summit, AMI’s Jane Riley discussed response to the beef video released last year and the Pork video due for release this week. For more, read “Glass walls at the packing plant.”
Opening packing house doors
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Marbling and functional cows
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head