Compared to last week, yearling feeders sold mostly steady with instances as much as 2.00 higher. Calf prices continued to trend unevenly, from 5.00 lower to 5.00 higher with the full declines posted in the drier areas of the Southeast.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Calf prices trend unevenly
- Fall tillers not free forage
- Corn prices expected higher, could pressure fed cattle bids
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions