Compared to last week, light receipts of yearling feeder cattle sold steady to 3.00 higher while spotty offerings of calves traded unevenly steady. Reports from across the country noted that offerings were on the plainer side, yet prices still mostly trended in a positive direction which could lend extra support for the market.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Spotty calf offerings, light receipts
- Study claims beef worse for environment than pork, poultry
- Commentary: When veggie meets carnivore
- Time to send a clear message to EPA
- USDA proposes stricter meat grinding recordkeeping requirements
- BeefTalk: Is there a place for cows in the future?
- Jolley: Cargill does good, KAW coughs up a hairball