Compared to last week, feeder steers and heifers weighing over 650 lbs sold 4.00-8.00 lower with many instances as much as 12.00 lower especially in the Northern Plains. Calves under 650 lbs traded fully 5.00 to 15.00 lower with the driest areas quoting lightweights as much as 20.00 lower and the popular 500 lb calf seeing the full decline.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Feeder steers, heifers plummet
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works