Compared to last week, calves sold unevenly steady and yearling feeders ranged steady to 4.00 higher on light Memorial Day holiday receipts. Most auction markets were closed on Monday and direct trade was slow to develop as the (CME) Chicago Mercantile Exchange was shuttered on Monday and then traded lower until late in the week.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Replacement feedlot cattle hard to buy
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions
- New book delves into ‘Depolarizing Food and Agriculture’
- Surging soy prices sparked a broad crop-market advance Wednesday