Nebraska Extension and Beef Quality Assurance will be offering BQA Certification and Veterinary Feed Directive Informational Meetings across Nebraska for beef producers.
The dates and locations include:
· Tuesday, March 1, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Kearney, Buffalo County Extension Building
· Wednesday, March 2, 1:00-4:00 p.m., Curtis, NCTA Education Center
· Thursday, March 3, 1:00-4:00 p.m., North Platte, UNL West Central Extension Center
· Tuesday, March 8, 7:00-9:00 p.m., Bladen, Fairgrounds - 4-H & FFA Exhibit Hall
· Friday, March 10, 7:00-9:00 p.m., Kimball, Fairgrounds - 4-H Building
Rob Eirich, Nebraska Director of BQA and local Nebraska Extension Beef Educators will be presenting BQA Best Management Practices, Animal Health Stewardship and the new Veterinary Feed Directive. Beef Cattle Producers are committed to producing a quality, wholesome and safe beef product for consumers. These meetings will update producers on implementing BQA practices and help prepare them for the VFD Regulations beginning January 2017.
All producers are invited to attend these free meetings. The meetings will also be a Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) Certification for those producers needing certification or recertification. There is a $20 fee for those wanting to become BQA certified/recertified, which is good for a two year time period.
Additional meetings and locations are also being planned throughout Nebraska. Date, times and locations will be advertised.
For more information contact your local Nebraska Extension Beef Educator or Rob Eirich, Nebraska Director of Beef Quality Assurance at 308.632.1230 or email@example.com.