The Southern States Forage Conference is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 31 at the Four States Fairgrounds Fine Arts Building, 3700 E. 50th St., Texarkana, Arkansas.
The event is a collaboration between the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Louisiana State University Ag Center; Oklahoma State University; and the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Research and Extension.
Registration is onsite and begins at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $30 per person or $50 per couple and includes lunch.
Topics and speakers include:
- Leasing property — Know your rights: Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, AgriLife Extension, Amarillo.
- Producing baleage — Mike McCormick, LSU Ag Center, retired.
- Management to extend grazing season — Paul Beck, University of Arkansas.
- Annual warm-season legumes — Vanessa Corriher-Olson, AgriLife Extension, Overton.
- Alfalfa — John Jennings, University of Arkansas.
- Wildlife nutrition and potential benefits of forage — Billy Higginbotham, AgriLife Extension, Overton.
For more information, contact Corriher-Olson at email@example.com or 903-834-6191.