Total Recipe Time: 1-1/4 hours
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
1. 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
2. 2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
3. 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
4. 2 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
5. 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
6. 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
7. 2 tablespoons butter
8. 2 cups sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
9. 1 bag (12 ounces) unseasoned dried bread cubes
10. 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
11. 2 cups diced peeled Granny Smith apples
12. 1 cup dried cranberries
Instructions for Beef Stuffing with Apple & Cranberries
1. Combine ground beef, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove beef mixture from skillet with slotted spoon into large bowl; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. In same skillet, heat butter on medium heat until hot. Add leeks, cook and stir 5 minutes. Add leeks to beef mixture. Stir in bread cubes, broth, apples, cranberries, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1 teaspoon onion powder, remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage and remaining 1 teaspoon salt to beef mixture.
3. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place beef mixture into prepared dish; cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F oven 30 to 40 minutes until heated through.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- You may substitute a fresh baguette, cubed and toasted, for unseasoned dried bread cubes.
- For a drier stuffing, bake covered 30 to 40 minutes, then bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes until top of stuffing is crisp.