- Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes 36 mini meatballs
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MINI MEATBALL APPETIZERS WITH APRICOT DIPPING SAUCE
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into thirty-six 1-1/4-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat preserves, barbecue sauce and mustard in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cooked meatballs and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve or keep warm in slow cooker (see tip below).
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- To keep meatballs warm, place in 2-1/2-quart slow cooker set on LOW. Keep covered to maintain heat. Meatballs can be held up to 2-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.