- Cajun-Style Beef Sausage (recipe follows)
- 1 cup grits
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare Cajun-Style Beef Sausage. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Prepare grits according to package instructions.
- Stir cheese and beef crumbles into grits. Heat mixture 6 to 8 minutes. Serve in bowl and garnish with additional cheese, green onions or pepper, if desired.
Cajun-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground beef (93% lean or leaner), 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. To prepare crumbles, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally.
- Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.