This week, three producers were honored with the checkoff’s annual national Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) award and Dairy Beef Quality Assurance (DBQA) award, which were created to recognize outstanding beef and dairy producers from across the country who incorporate BQA principles as part of the day-to-day activities on their operations. In addition, key cattle industry influencers who promote BQA principles on a daily basis were honored. One individual was recognized with the BQA Marketer Award, and one individual received the BQA Educator of the Year Award.
2015 winners were:
- Ira and Kim Brackett, Brackett Ranches from Castleford, Idaho (BQA Cow Calf Award)
- Bill and Nancy Couser, Couser Cattle Company, Nevada, Iowa (BQA Feed yard Award)
- Tim and Maria Forry and Chad and George Hurst, Oregon Dairy Farm, Lititz, Pa. (BQA Dairy Award)
- Joe Wright, Corey Rozenboom, Jeff Ewing & Bub Hoskins, Knoxville Regional Livestock Market, Knoxville, Iowa (BQA Marketer Award)
- Dr. Dan Thomson, The Beef Cattle Institute at Kansas State University (BQA Educator of the Year Award)
Watch videos for each BQA award winner on the BQA YouTube page at the links above.
Josh White, executive director of producer education, who coordinates the national BQA efforts, says, “Our 2015 award winners are exemplary models for promoting beef as a quality product from the local to the national level.
“They are working diligently to implement the newest, safest, most efficient animal health, handling, daily management and record-keeping practices,” says White. “Sharing the words of one nominator: Integrity, honesty, hard work, and a sense of producing a quality product is what drives them all to be successful in this industry and create a sustainable operation for the next generation.”