A Dec. 17 Ag Progress Show at the Atkinson Community Center in Atkinson will give producers an opportunity to hear research-based information on current topics that potentially could increase their profitability, a University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension educator said.
Anyone who raises crops or beef cattle should attend the show, said Amy Timmerman, extension educator in Holt/Boyd counties.
Timmerman said past participants have said the show is "very informative" with "relevant speaker topics."
The show will start at 8:30 a.m. with the program starting at 9 a.m. The exhibit hall will close at 5 p.m. Commercial exhibits present during the entire show.
No registration is necessary. The show will include a beef and cropping systems meeting and a door prize drawing for two tickets to the Nebraska vs. BYU football game on Sept. 5, 2015.
Speakers and presentations include:
- Tim Lemmons, UNL Extension Educator, "2014 Farm Bill Opportunities and Decisions"
- Dale Blasi, Kansas State Extension Specialist, "Stocker Receiving and Health Management" and "Animal Electronic Identification Technology"
- Joe Luck, UNL Extension Specialist, "Precision Agriculture"
- Roger Elmore, UNL Extension Specialist, "Corn Growth, Development and Management"
- Matthew Spangler, UNL Extension Specialist, "Genetic Selection Tools in Beef Cattle: What to Use and When to Use It"
Lunch is complimentary, and there is no cost to attend. For more information, contact Timmerman at the Holt Count Extension office at 402-336-2760.