The Indiana weather was kind to the beef industry this year for the 2014 Hoosier Beef Congress (HBC). Mother Nature suspended her wintry blast which made this year’s record setting show much more enjoyable. The 2014 HBC set records for the most junior exhibitors (1008) registering the highest number of cattle for the junior shows (1575). On Friday evening, a record 661 exhibitors did their best in the Showmanship competition. There were 97 cattle put through the breed and all-star sales on Saturday morning. This year, the HBC webcast was viewed by almost 8,000 unique viewers watching 17,612 events in 47 states! All of the videos of the 2014 HBC Showmanship and Junior Shows have been archived and are available for viewing at www.waltonwebcasting.com.
“The opportunity to witness the caliber of all the young people presenting these calves makes one proud to be involved in Indiana agriculture” said Joe Moore, Executive Vice President of IBCA. “I want to especially thank the HBC committee leadership and members, the IBCA staff, our sponsors and the many volunteers who work uncounted hours to make this event so special.”
For complete show results, go to www.hoosierbeefcongress.com.
The Top Five Steers:
- Grand Champion Steer-Crossbred: Seth Martin, Kingman, IN
- Reserve Champion Steer-Maine Anjou: Samantha Morris, Franklin, IN
- 3rd Overall Steer-Crossbred: Cole Mize, North Manchester, IN
- 4th Overall Steer-Chianina: Cheyanne Bowman, Hagerstown, IN
- 5th Overall Steer-Maine Anjou: Harper Henney, Angola, IN
The Top Five Heifers:
- Supreme Champion Heifer-Sim-Solution: Clayton Main, Seymour, IN
- Reserve Supreme Heifer-Shorthorn Plus: Becca Chamberlin, Winchester, IN
- 3rd Overall Heifer-Commercial: Maci Chamberlin, Winchester, IN
- 4th Overall Heifer-Sim-Solution: Cole Wilcox, Bedford, IN
- 5th Overall Heifer-Commercial: Ashton Harvey, Straughn, IN