Total Recipe Time: 3 to 3-1/2 Hours
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 beef Brisket Flat Half (about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
Instructions for Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
1. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
2. Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
3. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
4. Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Get more delicious recipes at beefitswhatsfordinner.com.