Three Big Weeks For Beef Exports
Net sales of 13,300 MT were down 26 percent from the previous week and 8 percent from the prior 4-week average. Increases were reported for Mexico (3,400 MT), Japan (2,800 MT), South Korea (2,100 MT), Canada (1,700 MT), and the Netherlands (1,300 MT).
FULL STORY »
Meat Board: Composite Price Reaches New High; Chicken Responds To Higher Beef And Pork
Meat price composite over $141. Chicken breast hits high of the year. Boxed beef over $170; Pork over $90.
FULL STORY »
Soybeans: Percent Planted By U.S. & State
By May 2, producers had planted 15 percent of the Nation's soybean crop, 10 percentage points ahead of last year and 7 percentage points ahead of the 5-year average. FULL STORY »
Corn Planting: Farmers Working At Rapid Pace
Nationally, 68 percent of the corn crop was planted by week's end, 36 percentage points ahead of last year and 28 percentage points ahead of the 5-year average. FULL STORY »
- Considerations to determine whether to retain heifer calves
- Minimizing storage loss on hay
- Fall-applied herbicides: Which weed species should be the target?
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Weed specialist: Apply fall herbicide treatments before Decemberr
- Replacing hay with corn-based feeds in winter cow diets