Cattle Slaughter By U.S. & States (2009 vs. 2010)
Cattle slaughter totaled 2.91 million head, up 7 percent from March 2009. The average live weight was down 32 pounds from the previous year, at 1,273 pounds. FULL STORY »
Cattle Trader's Scorecard: 59.22% (Trade Down Slightly)
Boxed beef up 10 weeks in a row! Cattle trade down .13 from the week prior.
FULL STORY »
Weekly Beef Export Sales Highest Since July 2008
Net sales of 20,300 MT were up noticeably from the previous week and 97 percent from the prior 4-week average. Increases were reported for South Korea (4,400 MT), Mexico (4,000 MT), Japan (2,900 MT), Russia (2,500 MT), and the Netherlands (2,100 MT). FULL STORY »
Beef In Cold Storage At 27-Month Low (That's Good News)
Beef in cold storage drops under 400 million pounds; 27-month low.
FULL STORY »
- Cow lease/share arrangements match cows to feed resources
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Dr. Jude Capper, social media maven
- Did you invite the MVP to your fall tailgating party?
- BeefTalk: Is a cow ever too ornery?
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Ag markets seem set to end the week in mixed fashion
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s regulatory overreach
- U.S. exports of distillate fuel rise 30% on global demand