Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbersThe July 1 Cattle report from USDA, released on Friday, July 25, shows reductions in almost all classes of cattle since the last mid-year report issued in July 2012. Last year, USDA did not issue a July Cattle report due to the sequestration that temporarily reduced funding for federal government agencies. FULL STORY »
A successful feed yard starts and ends with the cattle it raises.Industry experts share how their operations excel in today’s industry. View Stories
A clean and sustainable environment is a key component of raising quality livestock.Keeping the environment clean is of utmost importance to the livelihood of the cattle in the feed yard, and the people who manage them. View Stories
Communicating with neighbors, opening doors.Feed yard employees cast a positive light on the cattle industry through personal relationships. View Stories
Sound investments produce quality results.Quality beef and a respected brand begin with the right tools and the right people. View Stories
VIDEOSMore Video | Multimedia »
Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
Compared to last week, feeder cattle and calves sold 3.00-8.00 higher with the full advance on yearlings which were actually ...
EXPERT COLUMNSMORE EXPERT COLUMNS »
What is your main concern when it comes to your animals' health and nutrition?
- California pays the price for Corn Belt’s cold snap
- California marks warmest winter and spring on record
- El Niño may not bring needed rains to parched California
- Drought costs California's ag industry $2.2 billion
- Southern Plains still grappling with persistent drought
- Will El Niño be enough to break California’s drought?
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- Genetics, environment influence cattle hair shedding
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts
- UNL’s Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory plans open house
- U.S. group overhauls China business in meat safety scandal
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Commentary: Talkin’ turkey
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS